You received an information postcard from the Sudbury Student Services Consortium at the end of last term. Kindly note that students may not change their buses on a day to day basis. Close attention will be paid to the Board’s Transportation Policy as it relates to busing distances, 0.5 km for Kindergarten, 1 km for Grades 1 to 3 and 1.6 km for Grades 4 to 8.
Parents are responsible for contacting the Sudbury Student Services Consortium if there are any information changes. The phone number is 705.521.1234. Problems with times, routes, etc. should also be directed to the Sudbury Student Services Consortium. Students who are transported by bus must return home by bus unless written or oral parental permission has been given to the school. Authorization by the parent must be given each time a student does not follow his/her transportation procedures.
The instructions of the bus driver are to be obeyed without question at all times. Where a member of the school bus patrol is assigned to a bus, it is for the purpose of rendering assistance and providing an extra measure of safety for our students.
Bus drivers are to report any misconduct to the principal.
School Bus Procedures
School bus transportation is a privilege – ignoring these rules could result in this privilege being withdrawn.
- Be ready at the school bus stop 5 minutes ahead of the designated bus arrival time. Be waiting for the bus, it cannot wait for you.
- Stay off the road at all times while waiting for the bus. Bus riders must conduct themselves in a safe manner and always respect other people and property while waiting.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop, with the stop arm out before attempting to enter the bus.
- Horseplay and fighting while waiting for the bus is very dangerous and is therefore not permitted.
- Bus riders are not permitted to move toward the bus at the school loading zone until the buses have been brought to a complete stop.
While on the Bus
For safety reasons, large projects and loose balls, are not permitted on the bus. Balls may be transported if they are in a bag to prevent them from rolling around if dropped.
Bad weather is upon us. To check for bus delays or cancellations, log into: www.rainbowschools.ca and go to bussing info.
The following is a list of C.C.McLean’s bus routes numbers so you can check the status of your child’s bus route.
#A951 Bob Borisenko
#A952 Kris LeBlanc
#A953 Dave Patterson
#A956 Julie Mitchell
A#957 Karen Free
A#958 Deanna Benoit
A#960 Donna Foster
A#963 Laurie Campbell